Meet Kay Dougherty, our July 2016 #DryTortugas Photo Contest winner. We had the chance to ask her a few questions about her experience at the Dry Tortugas National Park. Read on to learn how she captured this amazing photo!
1. When did you visit the Dry Tortugas National Park? Did you arrive by seaplane, the Yankee Freedom ferry or another way?
I visited April 2016. I flew via seaplane from Naples to Key West then took the Yankee Freedom. I’m a travel blogger and this is what I wrote about my trip there.
2. How did you capture your winning photo?
I like to use trees and nature to frame my photos and I saw a way to do that.
3. What inspired you to take it?
I needed a photo for my blog and that was a nice perspective.
4. Did you use any cool camera gear?
It was handheld using only my iPhone 6+.
5. What made your trip to the Dry Tortugas memorable?
Finally snorkeling there after wanting to do so for years.
6. What do you plan to do with your National Park Annual Pass? Which national park would you like to visit next?
I hope to use my National Park pass to visit the Grand Canyon and would like to go to Bryce again too.