NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT AFFECT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO NATURAL PERSONS, WHO ARE AT LEAST THIRTEEN (13) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF JANUARY 1, 2024. ANY ENTRANT UNDER THE AGE OF EIGHTEEN (18) MUST HAVE PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN CONSENT TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Dry Tortugas National Park Hashtag Contest (“Contest”) is only open to individuals who: (a) are at least thirteen (13) years of age or older as of JANUARY 1, 2024. (b) have visited the Dry Tortugas National Park and Fort Jefferson in Florida. Any entrant under the age of eighteen (18) years old must have a parent/legal guardian consent to enter the Contest. Excludes any person directly connected with the production, distribution or supply of goods or services in connection with this Contest including employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of the Yankee Freedom, BlackDog Advertising, the National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, Bureau of Reclamation and U.S. Forest Service. Photo entries to this Contest must be of locations and subjects contained within the Dry Tortugas National Park. Void where prohibited by law.
2. TO ENTER: Eligible individuals may enter this Contest without having to purchase anything by sharing images on Instagram or entering through our website, taken by the aforementioned individual at the Dry Tortugas National Park in accordance with the contest guidelines provided. Photograph(s) submitted online must have a high-resolution version available. Minor manipulation of photographs is permitted. Photograph(s) depicting anything that does not adhere to the rules of the Federal Recreation Agencies, containing unsafe acts, presenting resource or public use management concerns or photographs that are inappropriate, indecent or obscene, as determined by Contest Management in their sole discretion, shall be disqualified. All Federal Recreation Agency rules must be followed when taking photographs. By sharing your image on Instagram with the correct hashtag as determined by contest guidelines, you (parent/legal guardian if entrant is a minor in his/her state of residence) agree that the photograph(s) conforms to the guidelines and content restrictions set forth above and that the Contest Management, in their sole discretion, may remove the photograph(s) and disqualify you from this Contest if they believe, in their sole discretion, that the photograph(s) fails to conform to such guidelines and restrictions.
By entering, entrants (parent/legal guardian if the entrant is a minor in his/her state of residence) represent and warrant that the photograph(s) that they submit:
Photo submission by individuals who fall under one or more of the following criteria are not eligible:
Entries must be submitted by the original creator. Any clearly identifiable individuals in winning photographs must sign a release permitting the use of their image per contest guidelines. Photograph(s) created by someone other than you but submitted by you will be disqualified. You must be the sole owner of the copyright of any photograph(s) submitted. Your submission of each photograph is your guarantee that you are the author and copyright holder of the photograph. Winning entrants (parent/legal guardian if the entrant is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be contacted by #drytortugas Contest Management for their permission to grant limited, worldwide, royalty-free usage of entrant’s photograph for contest promotion for a 24-month period at any of the Historic Tours of America and National Parks Services websites and social media channels. Entrant has 48 hours to respond with permission. Entrant remains the exclusive copyright holder of their photograph. Contest Management will make every attempt to credit the photographer by name when representing their photograph on online & offline promotions. Descriptions or titles, if any, used with the photograph(s) are in the Contest Management’s sole discretion. Winning entrants (parent/legal guardian if entrant is a minor in his/her state of residence) agree to have their submitted photograph(s) used and displayed, either singularly or in combination with others and in any size, on the Contest Management’s respective websites and on the websites, social media, and print materials of the Contest Management without any fee or other forms of compensation due at any time. In the event that ownership of any photograph(s) submitted is challenged in any manner by any person, Contest Management may disqualify that photograph(s) and will discontinue use of the photograph(s).
3. DISQUALIFICATION: Any contestant or an individual or group acting on their behalf who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the entry of multiple Facebook or other accounts or false contact information under multiple identities, multiple email accounts, or uses any device or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by the Contest Management, that contestant’s entry may be disqualified. If, in the Contest Management’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of this Contest, or if a computer virus, bug, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulty or failure compromises or corrupts or affects the administration, integrity, security, fairness or proper conduct of this Contest, and/or this Contest is not capable of being conducted as described in these Official Rules, the Contest Management shall have the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any contestant, individual or group acting on their behalf who tampers with the entry process and to void any entries submitted fraudulently, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest, and to select the prize winner from all non-suspect entries received prior to action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by the Contest Management. If this Contest is canceled, modified, suspended or terminated, notice will be posted on www.drytortugas.com. The Contest Management reserves the right to prosecute any fraudulent entries to the fullest extent of the law. At the Contest Management’s sole discretion, Contest winner may be disqualified at any time.
4. PRIZES: 12 monthly winners will be named over the course of the campaign as well as one grand prize winner. All 12 winners will receive one National Park annual pass and 2 Yankee Freedom tickets. During the campaign, the monthly winners will have their names and winning photographs displayed in the following locations:
Dry Tortugas Website (https://www.drytortugas.com/)
Dry Tortugas Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/drytortugas)
Dry Tortugas Instagram Page (https://instagram.com/drytortugas)
The grand prize winner will have his/her winning photo displayed in all the aforementioned locations during their month and will also receive a $1,000 Visa gift card.
5. ENTRANT’S AGREEMENT: The submission or attempted submission of an entry for this Contest constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to any decisions made by the Contest Management, all decisions of which pertaining to this Contest shall be final and binding without any right of appeal. Winning a prize is contingent upon entrant fulfilling all the requirements of and all terms and conditions provided in these Official Rules. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this Contest. Contest Management reserves the right to remove or disqualify any contestant without cause. All entries, including photograph(s) submitted, and any Request for Information and Waiver or Affidavit document provided to the Contest Management become the property of the Contest Management and will not be returned.
6. VOTING: Every month, five photos will be chosen by our panel of judges and displayed on https://www.drytortugas.com/ for public voting. At the end of each month, the photo with the most votes moves on to the final round! 12 winners will be chosen for the chance to win the Grand Prize. The final winner will be chosen by public vote. Please be aware that this is intended to be a fun and very social contest. The panel of judges based on their personal opinion of the best photography selects five photos from thousands of entrants. It is then up to the public to vote for the final winner. It is as much a popularity contest as it is the best photo when the final photos go up for pubic vote. Monthly contestants are encouraged to share their voting link with family and friends to encourage more votes.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified, at the Contest Management’s sole option, via Instagram or email.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, non-authorized human intervention, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, network hardware or software, cable, satellite, cellular tower, or Internet service provider; (c) bugs, viruses, worms, unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or this Contest or any other causes which impair the fairness, integrity or administration of this Contest (in such event, the Contest Management reserves the right, at their sole option, to modify, terminate or suspend this Contest); (d) typographical, printing, network, mechanical, electronic, technical, human or other errors or malfunctions of any kind relating to or in connection with this Contest including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in the administration of this Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or other errors in these Official Rules or in any other Contest-related materials; (e) any liability, loss, injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in this Contest or receipt, use or misuse of any prize; or (f) lost, incomplete, late, misdirected, garbled, undelivered, incomplete, stolen, or mutilated transactions, subscriptions or entries; or garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions. (If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in this Contest.)
9. PUBLICITY: Winning entrant grants permission (parent/legal guardian if the entrant is a minor in his/her state of residence) to the Contest Management and their respective designees permission for limited, worldwide, royalty-free usage of entrant’s photograph for contest promotion including worldwide broadcast & publishing at any of the Historic Tours of America and National Parks Services websites and social media channels. Entrant remains the exclusive copyright holder of their photograph. Also granted is the use of the entrant’s name, company name, statements regarding this contest, image, photograph, video, voice and/or likeness for advertising and promotional use for a period of 24 months without additional compensation, notification or additional permission, unless prohibited by law. All interviews with winning entrant and articles/blog posts created in relation to this contest shall remain in perpetuity until otherwise removed by Contest Management. This Contest and all entries are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.