5 Questions With The January #DryTortugas Photo Contest Winner
Meet Kyra Gorman, our January 2018 #DryTortugas Photo Contest winner. We had the chance to ask her a few questions about her experience at the Dry Tortugas National Park. Read on to learn how she captured her amazing photo!
1. When did you visit the Dry Tortugas National Park? Did you arrive by seaplane, the Yankee Freedom ferry or another way?
I went to the Dry Tortugas on Veterans Day with a group of friends. We took the Yankee Freedom over to the fort.
2. If you arrived by the Yankee Freedom, how was your ferry trip?
The trip was great! They served a very nice breakfast with a variety of options. The crew was very attentive to all passengers on the boat and made sure everyone was comfortable. We sat on the top deck of the boat and were able to enjoy the warm sun on the ride over.
3. How did you capture your winning photo? What inspired you to take it? Did you use any cool camera gear?
I couldn't help but notice all the colors, especially the different hues of blue between the water and the sky. I took the picture in panoramic mode on my iPhone so I could capture as much as possible all in one photo.
4. What made your trip to the Dry Tortugas memorable?
I went with three other girlfriends to the Dry Tortugas. It was our friends birthday so we decided to go last minute and luckily booked the last four tickets on the Yankee Freedom. We all had a great time from walking around the fort learning all the history to just laying on the beach and enjoying the warm sun a cool waters. The scene is picturesque no matter where you are standing.
5. What do you plan to do with your National Park Annual Pass? Which national park would you like to visit next?
I definitely will visit the Dry Tortugas again! Next on my list is Biscayne National Park. Anywhere with warm blue waters is on my list.