Meet Milton J. Martinez, our August 2019 #DryTortugas Photo Contest winner. We had the chance to ask him a few questions about his experience at the Dry Tortugas National Park. Read on to learn how he captured his amazing photo!
1. When did you visit the Dry Tortugas National Park? Did you arrive by seaplane, the Yankee Freedom ferry or another way? We visited the Dry Tortugas National Park on July 20th, 2019. We arrived by the Yankee Freedom ferry.
2. If you arrived by the Yankee Freedom, how was your ferry trip? The ferry trip was pleasant, the weather was terrific, and the Yankee Freedom staff made the difference they offered exceptional customer service.
3. How did you capture your winning photo? What inspired you to take it? Did you use any cool camera gear? I captured the winning photo while we were walking through the fort. The scenery is breathtaking. I am a photo enthusiast ever-attentive for opportunities to take unique photos. As I was contemplating the cannon, the contrasting blue sky inspired me to shoot the picture. I used my iPhone Xs Max to take the photo.
4. What made your trip to the Dry Tortugas memorable? My trip to Dry Tortugas was memorable because of my dear friends who accompanied me on the tour and of course the beaches; the national park itself is a hidden tropical saltwater pearl.
5. What do you plan to do with your National Park Annual Pass? Which national park would you like to visit next? I am planning to use my National Park Annual Pass as much as I can. I am very thankful for having had this joyful experience, which was made possible for the people who voted for my photo. THANK YOU ALL! I want to come back to Dry Tortugas National Park. Also, I want to endeavor my horizons into the many other beautiful national parks throughout the country.