5 Questions With The October #DryTortugas Photo Contest Winner
Meet Jamee Wilborne, our October 2022 #DryTortugas Photo Contest winner. We had the chance to ask her a few questions about her experience at the Dry Tortugas National Park. Read on to learn how she captured her amazing photo!
1. When did you visit the Dry Tortugas National Park? Did you arrive by seaplane, the Yankee Freedom ferry, or another way?
I visited Dry Tortugas with my friend on July 22, 2022 via the Yankee Freedom ferry.
2. If you arrived by the Yankee Freedom, how was your ferry trip?
We enjoyed the trip. It was comfortable and I was glad the crew gave us some geography and history information along the way. The provided lunch was great too.
3. How did you capture your winning photo? What inspired you to take it? Did you use any cool camera gear? TI like trying to capture visually interesting photos, and I thought taking a picture through one of the cannon wall openings out over the water would be neat. The rainstorm with it’s sheet rain out in the distance provided the perfect backdrop. I used my cell phone to take the photo.
4. What made your trip to the Dry Tortugas memorable? This was my first time visiting Dry Tortugas, and we were excited to go! The weather was iffy that day, but we were lucky when we arrived. We watched the rainstorm split in half and skirt around the island on both sides, allowing us to continue enjoying the park in the sunshine!
5. What do you plan to do with your National Park Annual Pass? I have a goal to visit as many national parks as I can! My friend and I are planning a mini road trip to see the Parks in California!