5 Questions With The January #DryTortugas Photo Contest Winner
Meet Nandor Nagy, our January 2021 #DryTortugas Photo Contest winner. We had the chance to ask him a few questions about his experience at the Dry Tortugas National Park. Read on to learn how he captured his amazing photo!
1. When did you visit the Dry Tortugas National Park? Did you arrive by seaplane, the Yankee Freedom ferry, or another way? I visited Dry Tortugas in the beginning of December 2020. I arrived with Yankee Freedom.
2. If you arrived by the Yankee Freedom, how was your ferry trip? It is a nice experience to visit the island by ferry. The trip is more than 2 hours long but for people like me who are living in the continent, and not too familiar with boat traveling, every minute is enjoyable and exciting.
3. How did you capture your winning photo? What inspired you to take it? Did you use any cool camera gear? My photo is a long exposure shot. I set up a tripod on the pier and had to wait until the pier is empty for approximately 30 seconds so I can capture its beauty without other visitors in the frame.
4. What made your trip to the Dry Tortugas memorable? This was the first time I visited a Caribbean island. I was fascinated about the beauty of nature what we can experience on the island. It opened a door for me to visit other beautiful destinations in the region.
5. What do you plan to do with your National Park Annual Pass? I am enthusiastic about National Parks. I visited 29 so far. This means it is more than half of the National Park System Parks are still unseen for me. My next destination will be Capitol Reef National Park in Utah.