5 Questions With The February #DryTortugas Photo Contest Winner
Meet Carlos Lopez, our February 2021 #DryTortugas Photo Contest winner. We had the chance to ask him a few questions about his experience at the Dry Tortugas National Park. Read on to learn how he captured his amazing photo!
1. When did you visit the Dry Tortugas National Park? Did you arrive by seaplane, the Yankee Freedom ferry, or another way?
I visited 12/15/20 on Yankee freedom.
2. If you arrived by the Yankee Freedom, how was your ferry trip?
The trip was great, service and the staff were great, it went by faster than expected.
3. How did you capture your winning photo? What inspired you to take it? Did you use any cool camera gear?
I used a GoPro and an underwater dome to get the water line effect. The water was so clear with a hint of blue as I went in the south beach.
4. What made your trip to the Dry Tortugas memorable?
The stars! The darkness of the sky at night is unreal, but I expected that with no light pollution around. my favorite surprise was the f18s dogfighting in the afternoon. The whole place is special and so unique.
5. What do you plan to do with your National Park Annual Pass?
Which national park would you like to visit next? I use it to go to Everglades NPS regularly, and hoping to continue exploring the west, specifically the Colorado and Utah national parks.