5 Questions With The April 2021 #DryTortugas Photo Contest Winner
Meet Mirandi Miller, our April 2021 #DryTortugas Photo Contest winner. We had the chance to ask her a few questions about her experience at the Dry Tortugas National Park. Read on to learn how she captured her amazing photo!
1. When did you visit the Dry Tortugas National Park? Did you arrive by seaplane, the Yankee Freedom ferry, or another way?
I visited in February 2021. We arrived on the Yankee Freedom ferry.
2. If you arrived by the Yankee Freedom, how was your ferry trip?
The ferry trip was great! Everything was organized and ran smoothly. We only wish we had more time to spend on the island. 😊
3. How did you capture your winning photo? What inspired you to take it? Did you use any cool camera gear? I used my iPhone X to take the photo. I was inspired to take this photo when we were about to head down the stairs. I loved the view I had of the stairs, the fort and the inside area of the fort. I thought that it was a unique view that really showed a neat perspective of the fort.
4. What made your trip to the Dry Tortugas memorable? Loggerhead Key. As mentioned before, I booked this trip with my kayak for the sole purpose of being able to make the 3-mile trek to Loggerhead Key. We enjoyed snorkeling around the fort and exploring the fort. The color of the water is amazing and beautiful!
5. What do you plan to do with your National Park Annual Pass? We are hoping to visit Rocky Mountain National Park and Yellowstone National Park. 😄