5 Questions With The April #DryTortugas Photo Contest Winner
Meet Jackie Bowers, our April 2023 #DryTortugas Photo Contest winner. We had the chance to ask her a few questions about her experience at the Dry Tortugas National Park. Read on to learn how she captured her amazing photo!
1. When did you visit the Dry Tortugas National Park? Did you arrive by seaplane, the Yankee Freedom ferry, or another way?
I visited March 2023 for 3 nights of camping. I took the Yankee Freedom to the Dry Tortugas National Park.
2. If you arrived by the Yankee Freedom, how was your ferry trip?
The ferry trip was very nice. Great crew!!
3. How did you capture your winning photo? What inspired you to take it? Did you use any cool camera gear? Each morning and afternoon I went into the fort for sunrise and sunset photos. While walking the 1st floor I noticed the Duke University students tagging the terns through the window. I thought it was very an interesting shot with the students, birds, sunrise and the fort wall. I quickly set up a tripod and captured several photos with my Nikon camera.
4. What made your trip to the Dry Tortugas memorable? The Dry Tortugas is a beautiful and peaceful place. My favorite thing to do was walk around the top of the fort. I also really enjoyed the fort tour! I wish I could have stayed longer!!
5. What do you plan to do with your National Park Annual Pass? My family and I are currently planning what parks we would like to visit. We would really love to go to the Grand Canyon.