5 Questions With The June #DryTortugas Photo Contest Winner
Meet Sarah Nutter, our June 2022 #DryTortugas Photo Contest winner. We had the chance to ask her a few questions about her experience at the Dry Tortugas National Park. Read on to learn how she captured her amazing photo!
1. When did you visit the Dry Tortugas National Park? Did you arrive by seaplane, the Yankee Freedom ferry, or another way?
My family of four took a trip on the Yankee Freedom to Dry Tortugas NP on February 18, 2022.
2. If you arrived by the Yankee Freedom, how was your ferry trip?
We had an A+ experience on the Yankee Freedom ferry, mostly due to the super staff and service.
3. How did you capture your winning photo? What inspired you to take it? Did you use any cool camera gear? This photo was taken at noon, from the shade trees that framed the sunny beach scene. The subject and inspiration for the photo was my 6-year-old snorkeling addict, Drew. Not even the delicious Yankee Freedom lunch could pull him away from the water. [Photo captured with a Nikon Z6ii.]
4. What made your trip to the Dry Tortugas memorable? Dry Tortugas was a dream trip for my family. Just the sheer excitement of being there is a memory we will never forget. The giggles as the kids meandered through the fort and the snorkel-muffled oohs and aahs were magic.
5. What do you plan to do with your National Park Annual Pass? We will use our pass to explore National Parks as a family. Soon: Indiana Dunes. Later: Glacier and beyond!